GLAC welcomes Individuals and
Groups to register to participate in the Navaratri event.
The names of the entrants will be registered and prioritized according to the
order in which the entry requests were received.
• Group singing will get the highest priority
• Children will be given preference over adults
• We welcome rare krithis and ragas
• First timers will be given preference
• Each participant will be allowed to participate in only one event.
The same participant cannot present a solo vocal piece and later join in a
group for a second item.
• If several children are singing the same Krithi and are learning from the
same teacher, we may request very young participants to form small groups of 2
to 3 to increase overall participation.
• Participants who choose to perform Varnams or Geethams or Non-Thygaraja
Krithis will not be registered for this program.
• The time limit for each participant is 4 minutes. In view of the time
constraints, the Krithis have to be rendered without Alapanai or Neraval or
• Participants who missed the time slot assigned to them in advance, due to
late arrival will be accommodated at the end, if only time permits.
• At the time of registration, the participants are required to give the
following details for the Thyagaraja Krithi that they are going to perform.