Sri Papanasam Ashok Ramani
Accomplished Carnatic Vocal musician for over 25 years.
Grandson of Tamil Composer Brahmashri Papanasam Sivan
Sri Ashok Ramani, commenced music training at a very young age with his mother
Dr.Rukmini Ramani (daughter of Papanasam Sivan). Subsequently was under the
tutelage of Dr.S.Ramanathan. Learnt from Calcutta K.S.Krishnamurthy & Bombay
Ramachandran. A disciple of Palghat K.V.Narayanaswamy for over 17 years.
Presently learning from Vidwan Sri.P.S.Narayanaswamy.
• ISAI PEROLI conferred by Karthik Fine Arts in December 1999.
• Youth Excellence award by Maharajapuram Vishwanatha Iyer Trust in 1998.
• Awarded Isai Bharathi in August 1994.
• Best Vocalist award by Indian Fine Arts Society in December 1994.
• Best Raga Alapana award by The Music Academy, Madras in December1994.
• Yuva Kala Bharathi awarded by Bharat Kalachar in December 1994.
• Awarded Best Junior Vocalist award by The Music Academy, Madras in December
• An accomplished Mridangam player. Learnt from Kumbakonam Sri.Rajappa Iyer.
• Performed as a mridangam artist and accompanied senior vidwans on various
• Vocal Grade ‘A' artist of All India Radio, Chennai.
• Accompanied by senior artists on the violin, mridangam and other percussion
• Performed on Chennai Doordarshan, Sun TV, Raj TV, Star Vijay etc.
• Conceptualised Tanishq swarna sangaeetham on Raj TV based on Carnatic music
Reality show and has been a judge for the show for the last two years.
Sri Nagai Muralidaran (Violin)
He began his violin tutelage under his mother Smt. R. Komavalli.Nagai
Muralidharan later underwent further training from Sri. R. S. Gopalakrishnan.
Nagai Muralidharan's maiden performance was at the age of 10 and his career as a
violinist has spanned for over 4 decades. Today, he is a top-ranking violinist,
noted for his clarity, rich tonal quality, and crispness, and has developed a
distinct scholarly style of his own. Nagai Muralidharan is also a regular
feature in the Radio Sangeetha Sammelan concerts on Doordharshan, and as an
accompanist in several CDs and cassettes. Additionally, he also served as a
violin artiste in All India Radio, Trichy from 1978 to 2003.
Over the years, Nagai Muralidharan has traveled and performed in countries
all over the world including USA, Canada, Australia, Europe, Singapore,
Malaysia, Dubai, Muscat, Doha, Behrain.
He has accompanied many legends and young artists in their vocal and
instrumental concerts including Semmangudi Srinivasa Iyer, Alathur Srinivasa
Iyer, M.D.Ramanathan, Dr.M.Balamuralikrishna, Voleti Venkateswarulu, Nedunoori
Krishnamurthy, Maharajapuram Santhanam, R.K.Srikantan, Madurai Somasundaram,
Tanjore kalyanaraman, T.M.Thyagarajan, D.K. Jayaraman, K.V.Narayanaswamy,
T.K.Govinda rao, Seerkazhi Govindarajan, Chidambaram C.S.Jayaraman, K.J.Yesudas,
T.V.Sankaranarayanan, Madurai T.N. Seshagopalan, Sanjay Subramanyan, Unnikrisnan,
S.Balachandar (Veena), T.R.Mahalingam (Flute), Dr. N.Ramani (Flute),
Namagiripetai Krishnan(Nadaswaram), A.K.C Natrajan(Clarinet) and many others.
Nagai Muralidharan is also the recipient of numerous awards such as
Sri. Mannargudi Easwaran (Mridangam)
Sri Mannargudi Easwaran is a leading contemporary mridangam player and Carnatic
musician. He is a staff artiste of All India Radio and has received several
awards, including Kalaimamani from the Government of Tamil Nadu in 2003 (for the
year 2001) and the Palghat Mani Iyer Award in 2006.
Easwaran has played the Mridangam alongside many notable carnatic musicians,
including Semmangudi Srinivasa Iyer, M. S. Subbulakshmi, M. L. Vasanthakumari,
Maharajapuram Santhanam, M. Balamuralikrishna, Veena S Balachander, T. N.
Krishnan, Lalgudi Jayaraman, Madurai T. N. Seshagopalan, Flute Mali, Dr N.
Ramani. Among the contemporary artists he has played alongside T. V.
Sankaranarayanan, O. S. Thyagarajan, N. Ravikiran, Maharajapuram S Ramachandran,
Sudha Raghunathan, Unni Krishnan, Sanjay Subrahmanyan, Vijay Siva, Ganesh and
Kumaresh and T.M. Krishna.